Format=flowed quoting (was "Re: IETF...the unconference of SDOs")

2012-10-16 10:53:25
At 9:12 AM -0400 9/5/12, Michael Richardson {quigon} wrote:

Maybe I'm also concerned because many in the former "elite" have moved to Apple Mail, and it seems that it is bug compatible with Outlook in it's assumption that format=flowed is the default, an act which destroys email quoting, and therefore discussion.

I just noticed this assertion, which is quite false. Format=flowed protects and preserved quoting. It's the only way to avoid ludicrous and impossible to read quoting (which happens after quoted passages get line-wrapped at odd points). Also, as far as I know, Exchange does not support format=flowed at all. My understanding is that it insists on HTML quoting, which is entirely different.

--
Randall Gellens
Once a job is fouled up, anything done to improve it only makes