Re: [whatwg] New URL Standard from Anne van Kesteren on 2012-09-24 (public-whatwg-archive(_at_)w3(_dot_)org from September 2012)

2012-10-18 11:07:49

On 10/17/2012 7:57 PM, Ian Hickson wrote:
Yeah. Turns out we (the Web standards community) haven't been doing such a
great job of making our specificatiosn match reality.:-(

Um, true... but it's also the case that the implementation community hasn't over the years been doing as much as might be best to make reality match the specifications. The new specs we're writing now would like have been a lot thinner and cleaner if they had.

Noah