Re: IAOC Request for community feedback

2012-10-23 02:55:56
On Tue 23/Oct/2012 01:49:41 +0200 The IAOC wrote:

We have tried to contact Marshall over this time period [...]

We think this process was not intended to be used when a sitting IAOC,
IESG, or IAB member vacates his/her position. We believe that the
intended use of this process was for determining whether a member
should leave a position who is unwilling to leave and who has harmed
the IETF. That is clearly not the case in this situation, to the
contrary, we would have preferred Marshall to continue. It doesn't
seem appropriate in this case, or when an member is unable to
participate due to illness or death.

We seem to be missing a keepalive option, to be applicable to IETF
communities at large.  AFAIK, Linkedin and Facebook are not better in
this respect.