Re: In Memoriam IETF web page

2012-10-23 04:48:01

On 22 Oct 2012, at 21:48, Stephen Farrell
<stephen(_dot_)farrell(_at_)cs(_dot_)tcd(_dot_)ie> wrote:

On 10/22/2012 03:52 PM, Henning Schulzrinne wrote:
If we want to keep this in the spirit of long-established (newspaper)
traditions rather than a web page, we could use the IETF Journal for
recording the passing of members of the community.

This sounds like the best suggestion to me so far
if something is to be done. Second best would be
to do nothing.

In the last issue, we briefly noted the passing of Bob Morgan in the online
version
(http://www.internetsociety.org/articles/implementing-identity-management-solutions)
 though it was too late for the print issue. In the latest issue we've posted a
tribute to Wendy Rickard
(http://www.internetsociety.org/articles/remembering-wendy-rickard) both online
and in print.

I think the IETF Journal is a fine place to publish obituaries or memorials of
IETF contributors to recognise their work and I'd encourage anyone moved to
write such text to send it to ietfjournal(_at_)isoc(_dot_)org.

Mat