Re: In Memoriam IETF web page

2012-10-23 08:32:31
Henning,

I like what you are suggesting, but let me add two things:

  * The ITU does something interesting for notable individuals, which is
    that they offer a space on a web page to collect condolences.  Such
    a virtual book could be then presented to the family, to mark the
    important contributions an individual made.  Often times family
    members have no concept of just how important a person has been to
    their profession, nor how many friends that person REALLY had.
  * On the other side of the coin, I do wish we'd do a better job
    celebrating the achievements of those in our community who are ALIVE.

As Dave might say, these two points are not mutually exclusive.

Eliot