Re: Just so I'm clear

2012-10-24 00:09:32
    > From: Doug Barton <dougb(_at_)dougbarton(_dot_)us>

    > recalling someone from one of these positions _should_ be hard to do,
    > and should not be undertaken lightly.

No disagreement there - but we're not trying to recall him because of actions
he took, things he said, etc, etc.

Like I said, I think the US's federal constitution is a useful model here: it
has a very onerous process (impeachment and trial) with a high final bar
(2/3) for actions taken in response to what someone did/said, but a wholly
different, simpler and easier process (majority of Cabinet) for sidelining
someone because of incapacity.

And I doubt anyone here is seriously going to argue that Marshall is not
fulfulling his role...

    > From: Melinda Shore <melinda(_dot_)shore(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com>

    > I am curious to know whether or not there are people who feel that
    > Marshall shouldn't be considered to have quit IAOC. If there's nobody
    > who feels that way I'm personally great with going ahead without a
    > recall.

Exactly.

        Noel