Re: [whatwg] New URL Standard from Anne van Kesteren on 2012-09-24 (public-whatwg-archive(_at_)w3(_dot_)org from September 2012)

2012-10-24 10:40:38

On Oct 23, 2012, at 11:34 PM, Ian Hickson <ian(_at_)hixie(_dot_)ch> wrote:

 Let's in fact try: Hi guys, we need to fix STD 66
because it doesn't define error handling.

Help me, I am just not getting it:

Why do you insist on 'fixing STD 66'?

What is the reason you are not willing to reframe the problem to 'fixing how we
get from the provided string -the input to the reference construction process-
to a STD-66-valid result'?

To me this is really what you are aiming at and dropping the 'fix the URI spec'
language would get everyone on board immediately in my perception.

Jan