Re: Antitrust FAQ

2012-11-01 17:32:12
A formal policy requires IETF consensus, and it would be published as a BCP in
the RFC series.

Russ

On Nov 1, 2012, at 5:23 PM, David Rudin (LCA) wrote:

At a high level, I'm curious what the difference is between an FAQ and a
formal policy?  I ask since Section 6 of the FAQ seems to be providing
instructions on how IETF participants should conduct themselves, which seems
more like a policy than an FAQ.

Thanks,

David

-----Original Message-----
From: ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
[mailto:ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of IETF Chair
Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2012 8:41 PM
To: IETF
Cc: Jorge Contreras
Subject: Antitrust FAQ

The IETF does not have a formal antitrust policy.  In fact, the ANTITRUST BOF
concluded that a formal policy was not needed.  However, educational material
is needed so that all IETF participants are aware of the the law.  The first
draft of a FAQ to fill this need has been developed.  Please review the FAQ,
and if you discover any issues raise them in response to this message.

http://www.ietf.org/playground/antitrust-faq.html

Thanks,
 Russ