Re: Recall petition for Mr. Marshall Eubanks

2012-11-01 17:02:03
Sam,

On Nov 1, 2012, at 2:45 PM, Sam Hartman wrote:

I offer my signature to the recall petition. I am nomcom eligible.

At this point, I believe the recall process is the correct process to
follow unless there is an approved BCP update.
In a case where there's been no contact and there's an argument we've
found a gap in the procedures I can see the argument for creativity.
However, according to Bob's note, Marshall has been contacted and rather
than resigning, said he would consider resigning.
I hope he does.
Until he does, though, by considering resigning rather than resigning,
he has implied that there might be a reason not to resign.
In my mind that moves us out of a situation where creative
interpretations of vacancy are appropriate.
I think we're now in a position where there's a legitimate disagreement
between Marshall and some members of the community about whether
Marshall ought to be in his position.
I believe the recall process is the only existing tool we have for
resolving such a disagreement; I think permitting the IAOC to invent a
process for resolving such a disagreement without an approved BCP is
entirely inappropriate.

Again, I hope this can all be side stepped by a resignation.

While the IAOC has not discussed this formally, I agree with you.  The
situation did change when we were able to talk with Marshall.

I too hope he will resign.

Bob