Re: I* Member Removal Process

2012-11-01 23:52:49
Mike:

Yup.  But I'd say their wishes would have a great deal of influence on
whether or not this would go forward.  And I'd still like to get at least
some indication that this is their desired outcome at this point.  I think,
if nothing else, this needs to be part of whatever record considered by a
recall committee.  If I heard that only 1 or 2 members were indicating
support for removal, I probably would withdraw my name from the petition
signature.

The IAOC was unanimous (minus Marshall, of course) in asking the community to
declare the seat vacant.  A vote was taken, and the minutes will confirm what I
have stated here when they are published.

Many IAOC members have voiced a desire to vacate the seat in the least
embarassing manner for Marshall.  Clearly, Marshall has not resigned, although
he could still take that action.  And, the community does not have rough
consensus for simply declaring his seat vacant under the current set of BCPs.
This leaves only one option: recall.

Russ