Re: I* Member Removal Process

2012-11-02 15:29:04

On Nov 1, 2012, at 9:52 PM, Russ Housley wrote:

Mike:

Yup.  But I'd say their wishes would have a great deal of influence on
whether or not this would go forward.  And I'd still like to get at least
some indication that this is their desired outcome at this point.  I think,
if nothing else, this needs to be part of whatever record considered by a
recall committee.  If I heard that only 1 or 2 members were indicating
support for removal, I probably would withdraw my name from the petition
signature.

The IAOC was unanimous (minus Marshall, of course) in asking the community to
declare the seat vacant.  A vote was taken, and the minutes will confirm what
I have stated here when they are published.

The results of the E-Vote taking this action are included below.  As stated
these will be included in the minutes of the 25 October 2012 IAOC call.

Bob

From: Bob Hinden <bob(_dot_)hinden(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com>
Subject: Results of IAOC E-Vote to Approve sending an email about the IAOC
Vacancy to IETF Announce
Date: October 22, 2012 8:08:27 AM PDT
To: iaoc(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Cc: Bob Hinden <bob(_dot_)hinden(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com>

The results of the E-Vote to Approve sending an email about the IAOC Vacancy
to IETF Announce mailing list are:

Ole Jacobsen       [YES]   October 17, 2012 11:30:31 PM GMT+02:00
Scott Bradner      [YES]   October 17, 2012 11:46:31 PM GMT+02:00
Russ Housley       [YES]   October 18, 2012 12:02:00 AM GMT+02:00
Bob Hinden         [YES]   October 18, 2012 6:18:34 AM GMT+02:00
Bernard Aboba      [YES]   October 18, 2012 7:22:48 PM GMT+02:00
Dave Crocker       [YES]   October 18, 2012 7:24:17 PM GMT+02:00
Lynn St. Amour     [YES]   October 19, 2012 6:55:06 PM EDT
Marshall Eubanks   [   ]

The E-Vote passes.  The results of the e-vote will be recorded in the minutes
of the IAOC call being scheduled for 25 October 2012.

The IOAC chair is authorized to send the attached email to the IETF announce
list on Monday October 22, 2012.

Bob Hinden
IAOC Chair