Re: mailing list memberships reminder -> passwords in the clear

2012-11-02 16:52:18
Only majordomo2, which has been unmaintained for a while now (and
it's author calls it "Dead" holds much of a chance, but I doubt it
?would work for the IETF in its current condition.

Actually, MJ2 works great, I've been using it in production for years,
but I agree that we'd need to locate a perl weenie willing to make
tweaks, and it's probably not enough better than MM to be worth the
pain of switching.

Sadly this isn't possible with mailman; you will always be mailed
your password if you need it and can't remember it.

If you use a high value password for your IETF list subscriptions, you
have deeper security issues than a few tweaks to mail software can fix.

R's,
John

PS: I saw a description of mailman2 by one of the developers last week.
It's really not that different, although he mentioned that the monthly
reminders are now off by default.