RE: NomCom: Call for Nominations - IAOC Mid-Term Vacancy

2012-11-20 09:51:58
Okay, thanks!

-----Original Message-----
From: Suresh Krishnan
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2012 10:43 AM
To: Eric Gray
Cc: Yoav Nir; Phillip Hallam-Baker; NomCom Chair; <ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>;
IETF Announcement List
Subject: Re: NomCom: Call for Nominations - IAOC Mid-Term Vacancy

Hi Eric,

On 11/20/2012 10:20 AM, Eric Gray wrote:
I think this is a point of confusion, anyway.

I thought the process was for the previous NomCom to be coopted to
address any

unexpected mid-term vacancies, rather than to add the burden to the
current

NomCom.

The previous Nomcom stayed constituted until the Atlanta meeting. If the
vacancy was announced before Atlanta, the previous Nomcom would have filled the
position. Right now, there is only one constituted Nomcom and it has to fill
the position.

Thanks
Suresh