comment on draft-crocker-id-adoption

2012-12-03 09:23:42
Dave and Adrian,

I looked at section 1.1 of "What is a Working Group Draft?"

I find that the draft does not really answers that question. The draft
demonstrates how to recognize a wg draft in the IETF repository and it
also talks about the very common practice to keep the author/editor team
unchanged when the document is adopted as a working group document.
Though this strictly not necessary.

It also says that working groups use working group documents to
produce their official output.

While all this is true I think it would be more accurate to say that
"Working Group documents are documents where an IETF Working Group
exercise the revision control, i.e. other than editorial changes to
a Working Group document need to have a rough consensus by the Working
Group to be introduced."

/Loa
--

Loa Andersson                         email:
loa(_dot_)andersson(_at_)ericsson(_dot_)com