Re: [OAUTH-WG] Last Call: <draft-ietf-oauth-assertions-08.txt> (Assertion Framework for OAuth 2.0) to Proposed Standard

2012-12-14 11:29:27
You want a holder of key pattern.  The draft touches on it

   The protocol parameters and processing rules defined in this document
   are intended to support a client presenting a bearer assertion to an
   authorization server.  The use of holder-of-key assertions are not
   precluded by this document, but additional protocol details would
   need to be specified.

So - if you want this, you should put forth a holder of key profiling of this
draft and see if there are any issues.   The only profiles we have thus far are
saml and jwt bearer assertions.

- cmort

On Dec 13, 2012, at 6:27 PM,
"zhou(_dot_)sujing(_at_)zte(_dot_)com(_dot_)cn<mailto:zhou(_dot_)sujing(_at_)zte(_dot_)com(_dot_)cn>"

<zhou(_dot_)sujing(_at_)zte(_dot_)com(_dot_)cn<mailto:zhou(_dot_)sujing(_at_)zte(_dot_)com(_dot_)cn>>
 wrote:

I am not sure if the following usecase
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/oauth/current/msg10233.html
could be supported by assertion framework,
We have some discussion in
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/oauth/current/msg10203.html
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/oauth/current/msg10198.html

In my use case or in some other cases, assertions don't need confidential
protection,
basically STS don't have to authenticate a client before issueing "assertion",
if it could be called assertion here.

Example,I trust my laywer, I may issue an "assertion" stating delegation in
advance, and send to the lawyer when it is needed,
it could be I give the assertion to a false lawyer, but it does not matter,
because the lawyer has to prove he knows some credential corresponding to his
ID,
who is delegated some rights.

If assertion framework want to support this use case, then generation of
assertion should be relaxed,
otherwise new work is required to support the use case.

Chuck Mortimore
<cmortimore(_at_)salesforce(_dot_)com<mailto:cmortimore(_at_)salesforce(_dot_)com>>
 写于 2012-12-14 10:08:34:

On Dec 13, 2012, at 4:30 PM,
"zhou(_dot_)sujing(_at_)zte(_dot_)com(_dot_)cn<mailto:zhou(_dot_)sujing(_at_)zte(_dot_)com(_dot_)cn>"

<zhou(_dot_)sujing(_at_)zte(_dot_)com(_dot_)cn<mailto:zhou(_dot_)sujing(_at_)zte(_dot_)com(_dot_)cn>
wrote:

From the language, I got an impression that assertion is only
generated by token service after clients presenting some credentials,
there are may be some cases that "assertion" don't need client's credential.
e.g., Resource owner as a token service  could generate "assertion"
to a client he trusts, bu signing a statement that "This delegation
is given to a client called clinet-id
for doing something for me".

So how does the STS trust the client?   Presumably if it is trusted
it has some level of authentication, yes?

-cmort

Chuck Mortimore
<cmortimore(_at_)salesforce(_dot_)com<mailto:cmortimore(_at_)salesforce(_dot_)com>>
 写于 2012-12-14 00:39:03:

The language is simply meant to help illustrate how the framework
might be used.   How do you think it will restrict usage?   How
could it be improved?

-cmort

On Dec 12, 2012, at 11:04 PM,
<zhou(_dot_)sujing(_at_)zte(_dot_)com(_dot_)cn<mailto:zhou(_dot_)sujing(_at_)zte(_dot_)com(_dot_)cn>>
 wrote:

In "section 3
 The token service is the assertion issuer; its
 role is to fulfill requests from clients, which present various
 credentials, and mint assertions as requested, fill them with
 appropriate information, and sign them."

As I understand, an assertion generated by a STS, is done flollowing
thess steps:
1. Client presents credential and requests an assertion
2. STS generates assertion and sends to Client
Correct?

That may restrict the use cases that this assertion framework
could support,
is it a must?

oauth-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org<mailto:oauth-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
写于 2012-12-11 02:33:57:

The IESG has received a request from the Web Authorization Protocol WG
(oauth) to consider the following document:
- 'Assertion Framework for OAuth 2.0'
  <draft-ietf-oauth-assertions-08.txt> as Proposed Standard

ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org<mailto:ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org> mailing lists
by 2012-12-24. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to iesg(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org<mailto:iesg(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
instead. In either case, please retain the

Abstract

   This specification provides a framework for the use of assertions
   with OAuth 2.0 in the form of a new client authentication mechanism
   and a new authorization grant type.  Mechanisms are specified for
   transporting assertions during interactions with a token endpoint, as
   well as general processing rules.

   The intent of this specification is to provide a common framework for
   OAuth 2.0 to interwork with other identity systems using assertions,
   and to provide alternative client authentication mechanisms.

   Note that this specification only defines abstract message flows and
   processing rules.  In order to be implementable, companion
   specifications are necessary to provide the corresponding concrete
   instantiations.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-oauth-assertions/

IESG discussion can be tracked via