Re: Gen-ART LC Review of draft-ietf-dhc-relay-id-suboption-11

2012-12-21 11:21:46
On Dec 21, 2012, at 7:48 AM, RAMAKRISHNADTV
<RAMAKRISHNADTV(_at_)infosys(_dot_)com> wrote:
As Ted mentioned, our draft only proposes a new sub-option for relay-agent
option which was originally created as part of RFC3046. So, the security
considerations for RFC3046 apply to our draft as well. RFC3046 deployments may
use RFC4030 as explained above. So, we indicated in our draft to refer to
both RFC3046 and RFC4030. But there are no specific security issues in the
new relay-id sub-option itself to make RFC4030 a MUST.

To put it a bit differently, changing the security considerations for RFC3046
is out of scope for this document.   It could certainly be argued that the
security considerations for RFC3046 are too weak, but if that is an argument
that someone wants to make, the argument should be made in the context of
updating RFC3046, not in the context of adding a new DHCP relay option.