Re: Standards-essential patents under RAND licensing

2013-01-10 19:16:55

"tglassey" == tglassey  <tglassey(_at_)earthlink(_dot_)net> writes:
    tglassey> What do you do where a patent predates any standards use of the
IP. I
    tglassey> understand the issues of developing IP but what about IP that
already existed
    tglassey> before the standards processes incorporated it into their work
product?

I think that it depends upon whether the owner of the patent was
involved in producing the standard.  If not, and nobody knew of the
patent, there is certainly a problem.

]     mcr(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ca  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on
rails    [