Re: Comments on draft-eastlake-additional-xmlsec-uris-07.txt

2013-02-07 19:44:36
Hi Donald,
At 07:37 07-02-2013, Donald Eastlake wrote:
As I say, although I frequently put them near the front of my Internet
Drafts, the RFC Editor always moves them to the end.

I understood. :-)

they ask not to be listed. Anyway, my practice is not because anyone
has asked to be listed nearer the beginning of the document but
because I think they deserve to be so listed.

I like the practice.

Well, I could rename Section 5 to be "Allocation Considerations" and
provide two subsection, one "5.1 IANA Considerations" and one "5.2 W3C
Allocation Considerations" or the like and perhaps also move some of
the material at the beginning of Section 2 down to 5.2.

The IANA Considerations will be removed on publication. You could move it to 5.2 and do the above.

RFC4648 is Informational, so that would cause yet another downref. RFC
2045 has not bee obsoleted and seems fine to me for this purpose.

I forgot about the Informational status.  It's easier to avoid the down-ref.

Regards,
-sm