Comments on draft-eastlake-additional-xmlsec-uris-07.txt

2013-02-06 05:41:19
Hi,

  In http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-eastlake-additional-xmlsec-uris-08.txt
the References have to be checked and updated. For example, the document
has a normative reference to http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-xptr-20020816/
which is a "Superceded" work-in-progress that's over 10 years old. Also,
it references "RFC Errata, Errata ID 191, RFC 4051" without linking the
errata item, and does so normatively even though the document as a whole
would Obsolete RFC 4051. Just to illustrate, I did not review them all
myself.

The Abstract does not english.

I don't think it's a good idea to have the Acknowledgements precede even
the Introduction as an exception while most other documents put it near
the end.

The "XCANON" reference does not work, "xml-enc-c14n-20020718" is perhaps
meant to be "xml-exc-c14n-20020718" ("enc" vs "exc"). I've not checked
other references.

The document makes reference to Canonical XML 1.0 without referencing,
e.g. http://www.w3.org/TR/C14N-issues/ (and RFC 3076 does not seem to
have any Errata filed to hint at the problems with it). I'm not sure
that's a problem, but it might be better to mention the problems with
Canonical XML 1.0 in some form.

regards,
--
Björn Höhrmann · mailto:bjoern(_at_)hoehrmann(_dot_)de ·
http://bjoern.hoehrmann.de