Re: History of protocol discussion or process in WG

2013-02-06 03:13:28
Hi Eliot,
At 03:38 05-02-2013, Eliot Lear wrote:
What I would like not to have happen is that we spend any time bickering
over who said what, especially if it detracts from the business of
developing excellent standards.  I think your point, Dave, about

Yes.

synthesis being left to historians is a good one, and I might go
farther, and say that the whole endeavor should be.  But having at least
a record from individauls about what *they* said or meant is, I suppose,
not unreasonable.

I post the draft of the minutes to the mailing list. There have been cases where what was meant came out differently in writing. The person suggested text to clarify that. The working group did not object. The minutes were added to the record (proceedings).

Regards,
-sm