Re: I-D affects another or work in ietf groups

2013-02-09 21:47:12
From: Abdussalam Baryun <abdussalambaryun(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com>

I beleive that we have one source of producing RFCs, so all I-Ds and
RFCs are related some how, and they affect each other. So when I
review an item, I always like to consider all RFCs as much as I can to
make Internet better.

Is that approach right for review? please advise,

If you are reviewing a document as an individual, you are free to
consider its interactions with anything that you consider relevant.  As
you say, "as much as I can to make the Internet better".

If you have been given a specific duty when reviewing a document, then
that duty may prescribe what interactions you should be considering.

In any case, if you are doing something incorrect in your review,
presumably people will call your attention to that fact, and explain
how you should change what you are doing and why you should change it.

Dale