Re: Last Call: <draft-arkko-iesg-crossarea-02.txt> (Experiences from Cross-Area Work at the IETF) to Informational RFC

2013-02-10 15:31:45
Hi Jari,
At 02:57 10-02-2013, Jari Arkko wrote:
Admittedly, the document was written from the perspective of the IETF managers (ADs, WG chairs) but comments from you and Brian have led me to understand better that we need to include more about the participant aspect as well.

It's difficult to reconcile the two aspects. The draft can end up being less effective. I think that it is your individual perspective which brings value to the document.

Normally, yes, but I could imagine topics that are wider than one working group but still within an area.

My opinion is that topics can be wider than one working group and they can spill over other areas (cross-area).

Regards,
-sm