Changing the value of RFCs not numbers (was Re: The RFC Acknowledgement)

2013-02-11 18:57:38
Many said to me before as you do RFC don't change, it is already known
in any org that documents don't change when published. Even author's
drafts in IETF don't change but are updated by new versions or new
names, this is progress of doc process in IETF. The RFCs can be
rewritten and obsolete the old RFC, so no more use of the old one, we
use the new one for progress.

 My understanding is that the RFC-ideas and RFC-effects in the
Internet may change. The RFC-document is just a reference, what is
important is its specification usefulness and the reputation to be
used (some RFCs are not used). Therefore, in my point of view the
value of any RFC may change in future, but the number of RFC and
publications never changes,

AB
++