Re: Time zones in IETF agenda

2013-03-01 10:09:52
So I guess one still has to keep track of daylight savings.

I've been trying to explain this to people for years, that I cannot
tell when their meeting is if they will not tell me what time zone
they're using.

It turns out most people don't actually know what time zone they're
using (no, San Francisco is not on PST in July) so I've found the
least error prone approach is to ask what place their time is for,
since even if they don't know what time zone their city is in, I do.

Personally I
prefer to have local time for meetings, otherwise UTC is nice.

We should meet in Iceland, where the local time is always UTC.  It has
other advantages, too, roughly equal ping times to the US and Europe.

R's,
John