Meetecho archive down? / Availability of collaboration services [was: Re: IETF chair's blog]

2013-03-03 09:16:13
Randy Bush writes:
so your criteria acctually open and continual availability, and
availability of export.  i think these would apply well to ietf or
whatever services as well.

Right.  As a data point, I haven't been able to access the archived
Meetecho streams from past IETF meetings lately, e.g.

http://recordings.conf.meetecho.com/Recordings/watch.jsp?recording=IETF84_TSVAREA&chapter=part_3

In fact I cannot open a TCP connection to port 80 on
"recordings.conf.meetecho.com" from anywhere (and isup.me agrees).

(Dear ietf-action, can you contact the Meetecho folks about this issue?
 Thanks!)

I'm not saying that this is a reason to switch (back) to IETF-operated
servers.  There are certainly A/V archives (Youtube comes to mind) with
as good an availability record as the IETF's own MP3 archives.
--
Simon.