Re: IETF Challenges

2013-03-03 09:55:55
On 3/3/13 4:12 AM, Abdussalam Baryun wrote:
On 03/03/2013 01:37, Melinda Shore wrote:
On 3/2/13 2:42 PM, Fred Baker (fred) wrote:
I'd suggest you redo your analysis. It doesn't have a lot to do with
reality in the working groups I'm in.
I wonder if he's basing this on the main discussion lists.  There
actually don't seem to be that many people from Japan and China
posting here on IETF-discuss, despite considerable activity from
those corners of the globe on individual working group mailing lists.
I think the Internet Community of Japan and China are important to the
IETF, maybe more important challenge to attract them for IETF
purposes. I think the reason is that they my not be posting because
some replies are discouraging in IETF which means there is another
challenge for IETF.
http://www.arkko.com/tools/rfcstats/countrydistrhist.html

blue = china
grey = japan

http://www.arkko.com/tools/stats/countrydistr.html
  I still didn't leave the posting because there are good encouraging
people in IETF. Please note that I have been now one year posting and
two years before reading, and have a feeling that IETF SHOULD
encourage people from China, Japan, Africa,

AB
My Origins from Africa Internet Community