Re: IETF Challenges

2013-03-03 15:02:51
So basically, I can't really think of anything the IETF can do to encourage
people to participate that it's not already doing. Do you have any suggestions?

I know that IETF is doing what it can do, but this thread is not about
that, it is about ietf-challenges. I suggest if possible that IETF
improves in reply/respond to all inputs from participants, that
includes all IETF WGs lists/meetings, which I recommend
monitored/managed by the IETF WG Chairs, and IETF Area ADs (just first
don't ignore, discourage, or leave others to discourage).

If you see the statistics pointed from others, there are many drafts
contributed to IETF but mostly not gone through to become RFCs, I
think they mostly were discouraged more than thinking they were not
suitable. I recommend when IETF get the draft that it tries to advise
the authors to continue, not just reply that the draft is bad, or
please don't continue that. Some authors may think IETF is not a good
place for acknowledge or encourage participants that try to
contribute,

AB