Re: IETF Challenges

2013-03-03 14:33:39
Hi SM

comments below,

On 3/3/13, SM <sm(_at_)resistor(_dot_)net> wrote:
Here is a quote from someone in Africa who was involved in other I*
bodies (not the IETF):

   "Africa has many educated people with a great local perspective; however
    they have little global influence.  I find that it is not enough to
invite
    people to forums where it is a known fact that they will not contribute
    meaningfully."

I don't beleive that, but that maybe true if we know the reasons or
background of that experience,

Abdussalam, I'll ask an unfair question: How will the Internet
Society Chapters in those places contribute meaningfully to the IETF [1]?

It will be meanigful contribution if there was advise, willing, and
guide from the IETF, but I never claim I have solutions just thoughts,
it can be another challenge answer to the question by this thread,