Re: IETF Challenges

2013-03-03 16:06:26
On 3/3/13 1:51 PM, Michael Richardson wrote:
"joel" == joel jaeggli <joelja(_at_)bogus(_dot_)com> writes:
     joel> http://www.arkko.com/tools/rfcstats/countrydistrhist.html

     joel> blue = china grey = japan

     joel> http://www.arkko.com/tools/stats/countrydistr.html

The colours are alas confusing, as they are repeated.
I think the thickness is different, but I can't track to the graph.

What happened between 1972 and 1986? :-)

I'm unclear on the countrydistr.html if this is RFCs or IDs.
I'm guessing it is the same data, so it's RFCs.

data is data, the methodology an tools are described on the website.

http://www.arkko.com/tools/authorstats.html

the country dist graph I pointed to is for drafts.

there are a lot more drafts than RFC's so if you want look at the distribution of authorship and it's change over time there's more data points in the drafts.