Re: Appointment of a Transport Area Director

2013-03-03 09:56:28
Hi,

On Mar 3, 2013, at 15:35, Brian E Carpenter
<brian(_dot_)e(_dot_)carpenter(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:
What I'm getting at is that this line of argument doesn't scale.
The only solution I see is to replace it by
"Several people on the Y Directorate need to understand X."

only if the Y directorate reviews all IDs going through the IESG. Which in
itself is a scaling issue. It may work for some topics, but things will fall
through the cracks for various reasons.

IMO congestion control is important and fundamental enough that the IESG itself
needs to have the knowledge. YEs, I'm biased.

Lars