Re: Appointment of a Transport Area Director

2013-03-03 09:59:22
Hi,

On Mar 3, 2013, at 13:56, Eric Burger <eburger(_at_)standardstrack(_dot_)com>
wrote:
The 50% time commitment is an IESG-imposed requirement.

it isn't. The The IETF process (which the IESG cannot unilaterally change)
requires an AD to manage his or her area, and review all documents going
through the IESG. The later is typically what constitutes the bulk of the work,
at least for the areas that aren't RAI or INT.

If that is really the problem, we have had areas with more than two ADs.

We could do that, but then we need to tell the NomCom that it's OK to pick
people for the job who will focus on only one or a few aspects of the overall
job description.

Lars