Re: Appointment of a Transport Area Director

2013-03-04 12:20:12
On 03/04/13 12:51, "Mary Barnes"
<mary(_dot_)ietf(_dot_)barnes(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> allegedly
wrote:
[MB] I don't think anyone has said an AD could be a manager with
little technical clue.  I think Sam said it extremely well in his
email.  What some of us have been proposing is that someone with
proven technical skills in another area that also is good at managing
projects/people could do a reasonable job.

Yes because they have demonstrated technical clue and therefore have
already demonstrated that they can pick up the essence of the issues in an
area, enough to ask the right questions and have insight into priorities -
otherwise they couldn't have got where they are.  We've done this before.