Re: IETF 86 Admin Plenary Minutes

2013-03-18 18:14:44
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/86/minutes/minutes-86-iesg-opsplenary

Please review and comment.

Lorenzo Colitti was wondering what problem we are trying to solve: He
looked at the IESG and they all look the same as the people in the
audience. Is the problem that the people on the IESG don't represent the
people in the audience? Or is the problem that the IETF participants are
not diverse enough. These are two different problems, and they cannot
both be solved with one solution.

I understood the beginning of Lorenzo's comment differently.  I
thought he said that when he looked at the stage he saw one version of
(lack of) diversity, and when he looked at the audience he saw a
different version.  That, as I understood it, is what motivated his
question about which of those problems we're aiming at solving.  (In
the version in the minutes, the question in the second sentence
doesn't really make sense after the first sentence.)

Barry