Re: Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-pkix-rfc2560bis-15

2013-03-27 10:14:13
On 3/25/13 10:21 PM, Stefan Santesson wrote:
Hi David,

Nits:

idnits 2.12.15 said:

  -- The document seems to lack a disclaimer for pre-RFC5378 work, but may
     have content which was first submitted before 10 November 2008.  If
you
     have contacted all the original authors and they are all willing to
grant
     the BCP78 rights to the IETF Trust, then this is fine, and you can
ignore
     this comment.  If not, you may need to add the pre-RFC5378
disclaimer.
     (See the Legal Provisions document at
     http://trustee.ietf.org/license-info for more information.)

This looks like it's ok because all the authors of RFC 2560 are also
authors of
this draft, but it should be double-checked.

I defer this one to Sean. I think he has this one under control.

I actually contacted all but one of the authors of RFC 2560. The ones I did get in contact with indicated it was fine to publishing under the new rules. The one I did not contact is deceased. I decided it would be in poor taste to contact the widower on this issue. Based on discussions with people who knew the author very well and the minimal changes in the draft, I'm comfortable progressing the document with the deceased authors name on it and without the disclaimer.

spt