Proposed solution for DPEP (Diversity Problem Entry Point) - IETF April 1 jokes.

2013-04-07 15:58:34
This is one of those DPEP (Diversity Problem Entry Point) arising from globalization, April 1 HRC (Humor Recognition Culture) differences, IETF "stalization" and the growth of I-D submissions. I suggest there is a direct correlation among these factors with the end goal efficacy of the submission. Fortunately, there is a technical solution for this particular DPEP:

    if Date is April.1 then
         id.filename = "joke-"+id.filename.
    end if

A BCP can be written on when are the better days to submit an I-D. Clearly, the day with the lowest impact with a high ignorance factor would be April 1st submissions - its just bad marketing and bad judgement too, in my book, to submit anything intended to be real and serious on this day.

--
HLS