Re: Purpose of IESG Review

2013-04-12 14:29:14

        Not answering any particular post. Just a comment.

        The IESG should be there to attest that the IETF procedure was followed
and the document reached consensus in the WG and in the IETF LC and it
was successfully reviewed by the Gen-ART. If it wasn't then this
particular process should be reviewed and take actions accordingly (e.g.
returning the document to the wg).

        But if a single individual of the IESG can technically challenge and
change the work of a whole WG and the IETF, then we have something wrong
in our process because that means that the document had a serious
problem and we didn't spot it in the process or an IESG member is using
its power to change a document according to its personal beliefs.

Just a thought,
as