Balancing the Process (Was: Obsoleting SPF RRTYPE)

2013-05-02 10:15:15
Mr. Resnick, for the record, I wasn't upset. Believe it or not, I was actually applying an suggestion posted last month or so here with the IETF diversity talks to help get a major WG issue resolved, one with a near surety of an appeal, resolved and addressed much faster and hence avoid a waste of time on the behalf of all.

How appropo, that a topic of "balancing of process" as being considered. It is one thing I believe the IETF needs and can be actually apply today. Yes, I don't agree with the negative tone taken in SPFBIS where in effect, an attempt to shut down communications and indirectly personally attack posters occurred and the advocates of the SPF RRTYPE removal (incidentally, a SPEC change which I believe was prohibited by the charter), basically blowing off advocates of a RFC4408 status quo. If you believe that was proper, I think we have a WG problem.

Overall, I believe this (keep the migration path) is the proper compromise to resolve the issue, and I believe that this particular issue is industry-wide important to resolve with across the board engineering input. It *SHOULD NOT* be reserved only to the applications SPFBIS group especially when we know what the DNS community will say about this and has said so since MARID 2003 and again last year in IETF and DNSOPs. I was simply hoping to help "Balance the process" then as I was attempted to do again. If I was in error for trying to get a serious issue resolve, then please accept my apology.

Sincerely,

Hector Santos