Re: A note about draft-ietf-spfbis-4408bis

2013-05-06 01:42:03
On 05/05/2013 11:06 PM, Måns Nilsson wrote:
Subject: Re: A note about draft-ietf-spfbis-4408bis Date: Sun, May 05, 2013 at
11:01:02PM -0400 Quoting Scott Kitterman (scott(_at_)kitterman(_dot_)com):

Personally, I'm quite surprised that doubling the DNS queries associated with
SPF for the foreseeable future is a "meh" issue to DNS people.

Infrastructure is generally better at scaling to meet increased load
than it is at compensating for protocol ignorance.

Not to mention that as I pointed out previously doubling the queries for
SPF (during the transition period) is in the noise when compared to all
the other DNS queries for each message received.