Re: Last Call: <draft-jabley-dnsext-eui48-eui64-rrtypes-03.txt> (Resource Records for EUI-48 and EUI-64 Addresses in the DNS) to Proposed Standard

2013-05-20 11:31:47
Just on the writeup tooling question:

p.s. I've tried reading your shepherd writeup now in three
different browsers.  It appears to be formatted for extremely
long (paragraph-length) lines, with no provision for automatic
wrapping to fit the page frame.  That means that trying to read
and understand it requires extensive horizontal scrolling, which
is a fairly large impediment and, although I assume
unintentionally, a way to discourage anyone but the most
determined of readers from actually reading it.  May I suggest
that the IESG, on a priority basis, either get the format of
those writeup pages changed so that they wrap appropriately or
that it insist that writeups conform to RFC/I-D norms for line
lengths.

This happens in a number of places in the datatracker, and there's an
open ticket for the tools team to make a general fix.  In the
meantime, we have to try to remember to put in line-breaks manually.
When I encounter something that doesn't have them, I just copy/paste
into my favourite local editor, and read it there.

Barry