Re: Policy makers

2013-06-21 04:07:16

On 6/21/13 2:38 AM, SM wrote:
At 11:00 20-06-2013, The IAOC wrote:
series of events and programs in South America. This would include:

  - Increasing the IETF Fellows and policy makers from the region

I don't see any policy makers reviewing Internet-Drafts.  I don't see
any policy makers writing IETF RFCs.  Policy makers do not usually
participate in IETF discussions.

    You haven't and probably won't. But they were invited (IMHO) not to
participate in the IETF to review or write I+D but to know the IETF,
what we do, how we work; and how governments and the IETF can collaborate.

    I think that ISOC should continue with that effort.

Regards,
as