Re: IASA contracts (was: IAOC Website Updated)

2013-06-24 16:37:14
Hi Ray,
At 12:22 24-06-2013, Ray Pelletier wrote:
Progress is being made.

The ICANN SLA for 2013 has been published.

That's a zero-cost contract. I don't have any problem with the IANA folks I interact with. They are nice and they do what they say they will do. That's more important to me than a SLA.

The Verilan Master Services Agreement 2013 has been published.
Both the Secretariat and the RFC Production Center contracts are under review and I expect them published in the next two weeks

Thanks.  I prefer specific dates instead of ambiguous time frames.

We have more to do and appreciate the continuing community interest in and feedback on what we do.

I presume that this message is from IASA. What I find unusual is that a member of the IAOC is being asked to agree to a contract without being given the opportunity to read the contract ( http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf/current/msg80269.html ). I note that the member was selected by NomCom and that the person is doing the IAOC work as a volunteer. According to RFC 4333 "Candidates for these IAOC positions should have knowledge of the IETF, knowledge of contracts and financial procedures". I don't know which procedures IASA is following that make it acceptable to blindly agree to contracts.

There was a RFP for "Remote Participation Services Specifications Development". There were the IDIQ contracts which were mentioned over two years ago. There was the "Requirements for Data Tracker Extensions for Working Group Chairs and Author" contract. I did not elaborate about all the contracts in my previous message as I assumed that it was about all the contracts.

I do not have any vested interest in those contracts. I am okay about answering any questions the IETF Community may have about my vested interests.

PS Hope to see you in Berlin

It's unlikely that I will be able to make it to Germany.

Regards,
-sm