Re: [IAB] RSOC Appointments

2013-06-25 06:10:37

    I checked the call for nommitantios (Sent on april 24th 2013 on the
ietf-announce) and it does not describe what should be the
qualifications of the candidates. I think that this enough to alienate
new people (as they may think that they are not good candidates for the
position because of lack of experience in the IETF, not being an RFC
author, etc.)

    I would recommend that future announcement of kind of positions have
a very clear profile of what it is expected from the candidates in IETF
experience, general requirements, etc. In the end, it is like we were
filling a job positions in an organization, the difference here is that
we are not receiving a salary.

my 20 cents.
/as