Re: [IAB] RSOC Appointments

2013-06-25 09:45:02
Hola Russ,
At 06:46 25-06-2013, Russ Housley wrote:
The original call for nominations did this in two ways. First, it pointed to RFC 6635, which defines the role of the RSOC. Second, it included a list of the top four items that the RSOC is focusing on right now.

What Mr Servin is trying to understand is how can people who are not part of the "good ol' boys network" (see http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/diversity/current/msg00018.html ) know the desirable experience and general requirements to have a fair chance when they apply for the job.

If the suggestion is that people read RFC 6635 I don't think that it is not good enough. I understand that the IAB may be reluctant [1] to talk to the Internet Community about all this.

Regards,
-sm

1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhmjnYKlVnM