Re: Last Call: <draft-bormann-cbor-04.txt> (Concise Binary Object Representation (CBOR)) to Proposed Standard

2013-07-28 10:13:33
I have reviewed this version of the CBOR draft, and am fully supportive of this
as a proposed standard.

For IoT applications over CoAP and other protocols, there is a clear need for a
standard binary object representation with a straightforward mapping to JSON
that is suitable for constrained devices and networks. This is it. I have not
yet implemented CBOR, but plan to do so for use with several commercial CoAP
implementations. Furthermore, JSON based formats used in this field such as
SenML, or standards from other SDOs like OMA Lightweight M2M that use JSON,
will clearly benefit from standardising CBOR.

I found the document to be well written and concise.

Zach Shelby

On Jul 16, 2013, at 9:58 PM, The IESG <iesg-secretary(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>