setting a goal for an inclusive IETF

2013-07-30 08:54:06
We have discussed diversity at the IETF at length. Yesterday, Pete Resnick and
I wrote an article about what we think the goal for the IETF should be, as well
as listing some of the early activities that we have taken at the IETF. Our
goal is making the IETF more inclusive for everyone who needs to be working on
Internet standards. We are at the beginning, however, and a lot of work remains
ahead. Here's the article:

http://www.ietf.org/blog/2013/07/a-diverse-ietf/

Also, I wanted to let everyone know that tomorrow in the Administrative
Plenary, Kathleen Moriarty and Suresh Krishnan will be talking about what they
have uncovered so far in their efforts in the diversity design team. I'm
looking very much forward to their report. Their efforts will help us
understand where we have room to improve - often by much :-) - and what kinds
of actions we can take to improve our inclusiveness.

Jari