Re: PS to IS question from plenary

2013-07-30 20:05:58

Just to make sure we have good data, can we go back a few more years?
Specifically, did we not previously have a restriction forbidding references
FS->DS, and {FS,DS}->PS?.... RFC3967 was in Dec. 2004, but I thought that we
had some other work more recently (2008?) that attempted to unjam things.

What I'm wondering is if the 20 actions prior to 6410 was an anomaly,
and really the historical rate of upgrade is really lower.

I think it is also important to understand how many new PS could have been
even ready at a given point for an upgrade.  I don't have a good/simple
metric for determining this, I think it takes some significant semi-expert
review.  Perhaps someone has an Information Science (?!) or Economics
graduate student who wants to mine the data and write a paper :-)

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ca>, Sandelman Software Works