Re: PS to IS question from plenary

2013-07-31 03:46:30

Just to make sure we have good data, can we go back a few more years?
Specifically, did we not previously have a restriction forbidding references
FS->DS, and {FS,DS}->PS?.... RFC3967 was in Dec. 2004, but I thought that we
had some other work more recently (2008?) that attempted to unjam things.

What I'm wondering is if the 20 actions prior to 6410 was an anomaly,
and really the historical rate of upgrade is really lower.

A quick couple of seconds with mail search and grep says that in the four years
preceding publication of RFC 6410, we made 28 actions. As noted earlier, 20 of
those happened in the 22 months preceding the publication of RFC 6410. So in
the 2+ years before that only 8 were produced.

I'd love to have a graph that plots DS/FS/IS progression per year, over time.
But I don't have time to make that today. Unless someone else wants to...

Jari