stability of iana.org URLs

2013-07-31 08:49:47

I just followed http://www.iana.org/assignments/enterprise-numbers.html
From RFC3315 (DHCPv6)'s reference section.  Ten years later, the URL
doesn't work.

I know that things were reworked when we went to XML based storage, but
I thought that the old URLs would at least have a 301 error on them.

I discovered that dropping the .html gets me the right data at:
  http://www.iana.org/assignments/enterprise-numbers

but I had to walk through the list of protocol numbers to find this.
I feel relatively confident that I found the right list, but other people
looking for registries that are more confusing (ikev1 vs ikev2, etc) might
not wind up at the right place.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ca>, Sandelman Software Works