Re: [Gen-art] Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-karp-crypto-key-table-08

2013-08-13 14:07:48
Thank you for your review, David. The Gen-ART reviews are important feedback
for me to understand where I should look more closely.

In this case your review caused me to read the draft in detail, and I now have
similar question as you did. I have raised a Discuss in my IESG ballot so that
we can talk about those issues with the authors. In particular, it would be
useful to discuss whether FCFS or some other assignment policy is most
appropriate for the algorithm ID and KDF registries. I too thought Expert
Review would have been a more natural fit. But I do not mind another policy, as
long as we have a good reason for picking it. Secondly, I too was wondering
what the relationship of this database is to the PAD.

Jari