Re: [apps-discuss] Gen-ART review of draft-bormann-cbor-04

2013-08-14 15:47:39
On Aug 13, 2013, at 13:14, Tony Finch <dot(_at_)dotat(_dot_)at> wrote:

MessagePack is simpler so will need even less code

FWIW, earlier today I had a nice afternoon with the msgpack-ruby C code,
converting it to encoding and decoding CBOR instead.

Saved ~ 250 lines of C code.

Of course, I'm filling in that gap now by implementing some of the optional
tags of CBOR.
In the end, the implementation of a generic CBOR encoder/decoder with a sizable
collection of optional tags will probably indeed be slightly larger.
But if you just need the features of MessagePack, I now have one data point
where CBOR measurably wins on the implementation complexity metric.

Grüße, Carsten